How to find the best learning platform for your team
Learning and development is essential for any organisation for a myriad of reasons. Workplace learning presents an opportunity to expand employees’ knowledge and skills. It is recommended as a tool for driving employee engagement and interest in the company’s growth. Teams also benefit greatly from learning and development becoming more productive and effective.
Research by the American Society for Training & Development found that when employers spend $1 595 per employee on training annually, their profit margin increases by 24%.
Finding the right learning platform for your team can be overwhelming with so many options available in the market. To help you identify the best learning platform for your team, we’ve put together some steps to follow and resources to utilise.
Step 1: Determine your learning objectives
The first step in finding the best learning platform for your team is to determine your learning objectives. This will help you narrow down your search and find the platform that meets your specific needs. Consider questions such as:
- What skills or knowledge do you want your team to learn?
- What are the training goals for your team?
- What is the preferred learning style of your team members?
- How do you plan to measure the effectiveness of the learning platform?
Once you have a clear understanding of your learning objectives, you can move on to the next step.
Step 2: Research learning platforms
With your learning objectives in mind, start researching learning platforms that align with your needs. Consider factors such as:
- Course content: Does the platform offer courses on topics that align with your learning objectives? How is content presented? Are there a variety of learning methods or downloadable assets?
- Features: Does the platform offer features such as assessments and certifications? What kind of progress tracking and reporting does the platform offer?
- Usability: Is the platform user-friendly and easy to navigate for both admin and learner?
- Support: Does the platform offer adequate support to assist with implementation and ongoing use?
Step 3: Utilise comparison websites
Comparison websites can be a great resource to help you narrow down your options and find the best learning platform for your team. These websites offer detailed reviews, ratings, and comparisons of different platforms, making it easier to compare features and pricing. Some popular LMS platform comparison websites include:
- LMS Comparison: LMS Comparison provides an overview of the top business-to-business learning management systems.
- Capterra: Capterra provides user reviews and ratings, pricing information, and feature comparisons for various learning platforms.
- G2: G2 offers detailed user reviews, ratings, and comparisons for various learning platforms.
- eLearning Industry: eLearning Industry provides expert reviews and comparisons of various learning platforms.
- Software Advice: Software Advice offers free consultations and personalised recommendations for learning platforms based on your specific needs.
Step 4: Request demos and trials
Once you have narrowed down your options, it’s important to request demos and trials to get a firsthand experience of the learning platforms. This will help you determine if the platform meets your needs and is the best fit for your team. Make sure to involve your team members in the demo and trial process to gather their feedback and ensure their buy-in.
In conclusion, finding the best learning platform for your team requires careful consideration of your learning objectives, researching various platforms, utilising comparison websites, and requesting demos and trials. By following these steps, you can find the right learning platform that aligns with your needs and supports the growth of your team members.